Tantalum has 160 employees and contractors working across delivery of core revenue streams and development of connected car solutions. Led by a highly experienced and capable board, our technology team consists of 45 members, several of whom have Doctorates and Masters degrees, with expertise in:
get to know
The people that make Tantalum
- Fuel and performance modelling
- Hardware engineering – specialising in industry-wide telematics devices
- Firmware engineering – building telematics device platforms
- Software engineering – building device messaging platforms, analytics and portals
- Global billing and invoicing networks
- VHF engineering
- Software developement
International leadership experience with FTSE and NASDAQ-listed companies including ARM Holdings and Intel
- Ian has helped revolutionise the technology industry from sole PC use to mobile phones and tablets
- Notably lead ARM’s “Internet of Things” security and Connected Car strategy
- During his 12-year tenure with ARM, the company market capitalization grew 17x, before being sold to Softbank for $32bn in 2016.
CEDRIANE DE BOUCAUD
22 years’ experience as manager / investor in disruptive technologies
- Led funding of Tantalum since 2007; CEO of Tantalum from 2013 to March 2017
- Led acquisition of TRACKER, turnaround and integration of Lysanda to form Tantalum
- Led Samsung Tantalum partnership
- Co-founder in 2009 of Disruptive Capital Finance
- Re-structuring & privatisations (ArthurAndersen Consulting, PwC, Katalyst)
30+ years as an active City investor, leader and entrepreneur. Relevant roles include:
- Co-founder of Hambro European Ventures; founder Duke Street Capital owning: Glass’, built up to be the leading UK provider of vehicle repair estimation services and resale price information; Equity Red Star, leading Lloyds motor insurer; and Getty Images, rolled out globally to lead the image market
- Founder & CEO Tungsten, world’s largest compliant invoicing network
- 30% p.a. IRR from 100+ deals over 23 years
20+ years operational execution experience in fast growing technology companies
- Head of Amazon Web Services -Europe, Middle East and Africa
- Delivered near eight fold growth in run rate revenues into the billions of dollars
- Managing Director Cisco – North Asia, Korea, and Emerging Asia Singapore
25 years experience in global technology leadership and key management positions
- Ph.D. at Stanford University in 1992 and worked at NASA Ames Research Center
- Leading the Korea Supercomputing Center as the Director
- R&D Head of DASAN Networks, also Regional R&D Head of Siemens and NSN(Nokia)
- As a CEO, Leading the IPO activities of Handysoft in KOSDAQ (a Korea Stock Market)
- Founding CEO of HandyCar focusing on Connected Car business in Aisa
20 years experience in global leadership and operations
Partner at the private equity firm Disruptive Capital Finance
Former COO and director of the technology company Tungsten plc
Former soldier including former assistant head of the UK Ministry of Defence’s strategy unit
- Masters degree in Technology from Cranfield University
20+ years experience in technology leadership roles in IT, Telco, and Digital across US and EMEA
Led Ericsson’s growth portfolio in IT, Digital, and Cloud across Western Europe
Deep expertise in design, development and implementation of large-scale technology transformation programs
Leadership experience managing 1,000+ people across Europe
20 years in the design, development and commercialization of software, hardware & cloud products, at a global scale
- Led the Agile Java engineering and operations -Cloud and IoT start-up backed by Horizon Ventures and Hutchinson Whampoa
- Won the Ovum Telecoms Asia innovation of the year 2009.
- $700M software integration for worlds first 3G network at Hutchison
- Leadership at Ericsson
Over 15 years experience at director level
- Joined TRACKER in 2012 to strategise and reshape sales, services and marketing operations, driving growth in Stolen Vehicle Recovery, Fleet and Telematics Solutions.
- Previous operational roles; British Gas, Rentokil and Npower, working in both B2B and B2C arenas.
- Expertise in growing business deriving from inherent skills aligning and re-engineering such services to maximum effect
- Proven track record of expansion & revenue growth via M&A’s, organizational change, corporate re-branding, CRM initiatives
Experienced insurance and technology professional, serving at board level for the last 8 years.
- Founder of InterResolve; a disruptive insurance claims business with 10 years working with P/E and VC funding partners.
- Extensive experience within regulated environments including Insurance, Legal Services, Alternative Dispute Resolution, Tech and Claims/Accident Management.
- In 2014, Matt joined Tantalum to drive innovation strategy execution and harness emerging technology to drive monetisation for the Connected Car product.
Over 20 years’ experience in hardware engineering, product development, and telematics.
- Mark has lead the development of Tantalum’s telematics IP over a number of years and is the Executive Lead on fuel modelling, vehicle diagnostics and model testing.
- He also oversees back-end server and embedded software integration, as well as Certification and Approvals with 3rd parties. He is MIET Member of the Institute of engineering and technology.
- Mark graduated with 1st class honors degree in Electronic Engineering & Cybernetics in 2005
20+ years experience delivering large scale Transformation Programmes with last 7 years in Automotive Telematics at Jaguar Land Rover.
- Co-founded JLR Connected Car Department – led the delivery of all off vehicle software (Server, Web & App)
- Delivered Jaguar & Land Rover InControl in 19 markets to over 500k customers in 18 months including the US, Russia and China
- Previously 20 years experience delivering Enterprise IT Programmes in Banking, Defence, Retail and Automotive sectors.
Over 20 years’ experience in International Business Strategy and Management
- Led organisations through growth via new customer acquisition and technology innovation.
- Worked for BBC Technology, managing the Hutchinson 3G mobile content from concept to launch across Germany, Austria, France, Spain and UK.
- Within Tantalum Clara is responsible for software contracts with TomTom and ATOS Worldline.
- Clara has been key in building the Samsung relationship from initiating engagement, and championing IoT strategy, service Ecosystem pitch and SaaS strategy.
- Clara holds an Engineering Degree (Spain) and a Masters Degree in Engineering (UK).
30 years’ experience in procurement, payments and supply chain automation
- Procurement Manager in Automotive and Chemicals Sectors
- Head of Data Delivery for Visa International (EU)
- Co-Founder of OB10, the world’s leading e-Invoicing provider